Basispoint Limited Privacy Statement
This notice sets out details of how basispoint collects and processes personal information, the purposes for which it is used and third parties to whom it may be disclosed and the rights of individuals with respect to personal data maintained by basispoint. A copy of this notice is published on our website and will be updated from time to time.
Basispoint Limited is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. It is a controller of personal data for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which governs the collection, storage and processing of personal data and is effective in Ireland from 25 May 2018.
Personal Data we Process
We respect your right to privacy and will maintain any personal information we hold about you in accordance with GDPR. We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market to you.
We collect personal data relating to you that is provided to us in connection with our dealings with you or your company or employer in relation to basispoint, including your name, signature, postal address, personal and /or work email address and other contact details. We may automatically collect technical information including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type, time zone setting and operating system and platform and information about your visit when you visit our website.
If you are a patron of or donor to basispoint we may also collect personal data in relation to your interaction with us including bank account or payment card details in connection with processing your donations and, if you have agreed we may obtain permitted tax relief on donations you have made to us, your PPS number;
We may collect and process personal data relating to you in connection with our on-going interaction with you or your company, such as through emails or other correspondence and calls, and via your interaction with or use of our website and our digital communications with you, such as our periodic newsletter.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing donations made to basispoint;
- Publicly acknowledging patrons of and donors to basispoint subject to any preferences communicated to us;
- Sending you a courtesy reminder about donations you have agreed to make;
- Communicating with you by mail, email or telephone;
- Processing and managing grants to our grantees;
- Managing and administering relationships with all our stakeholders including our patrons, grantees, volunteers, service providers and others;
- Sending you newsletters or other direct marketing communications, subject to any preferences you communicate to us;
- Maintaining appropriate business records;
- Conducting statistical analysis and market research;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Processing applications for Irish tax relief available to basispoint in respect of charitable donations you have made to us, where you have provided us with appropriate Revenue certificates for this purpose.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal data
- that the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- that the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to whom we provide your personal data. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if our or the third party’s legitimate interests are overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests include conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner and pursuing our charitable, corporate and social responsibility objectives.
We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients in connection with the purposes listed above:
- to third parties who provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors and IT service providers;
- to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or where necessary for our legitimate business interests to protect the rights, property, or safety of basispoint, our donors and patrons, volunteers or others;
- to basispoint volunteers, for the purpose of their work for basispoint, but always subject to our volunteers’ code of conduct and confidentiality obligations.
We may for the purposes of using your data for these purposes transfer, store or process your data outside the European Economic Area in accordance with GDPR.
Retention of Data
We will retain your personal data and maintain a record of your donations and other interactions with us for as long as we are required for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data for the purposes of providing access to our website and related services to you and generally as required by law or applicable regulation and for the exercise or defence of legal claims (generally for 7 years).
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to applicable exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access the personal data that we hold about you, and other information about our processing of that personal data;
- the right to require us to rectify any inaccuracies in your personal data;
- the right to require us to erase your personal data;
- the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes;
- the right to object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it;
- the right to request us to transmit your personal data to a third party, or to give you a copy of it so that you can transmit it to a third party, where technically feasible;
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes GDPR.
How to contact us
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Basispoint Limited, c/o Sonya Mooney, Georges Court, 54-62, Townsend Street, Dublin 2.